Job Location: Aylmer & St. Thomas
Job Type: Contract
Accounting Co-op Student
Graham Scott Enns LLP Chartered Professional Accountants
Location: ST. THOMAS & AYLMER, ON
Winter 2024 Opportunity (4 months)
Our 8-partner firm seeks an accounting co-op student for the January to April 2024 term for our St. Thomas and Aylmer offices. Expectations include some travel in the London and Elgin County area. The successful applicant would be expected to have their own means of transportation.
The placement will include a variety of work experiences:
- Participation in reviews, audits, and notices-to-reader engagements under direct and close supervision
- Preparation of draft reports for staff and/or partner review as required
- Preparation of corporate and personal tax returns accurately and proficiently
Our firm consistently provides our co-op students with a variety of work experiences each term. We assign a staff mentor to our students and ensure that each student works for a variety of managers and partners.
The student would be expected to provide high quality and timely services to clients and internal staff. The student will actively listen, clarify, understand, and reflect on assignments. They will develop a solid understanding of our services and will work closely with the assigned mentor for the purpose of professional development.
The student will become familiar with our firm’s software packages and computer resources, in particular: Caseware/Caseview, and TaxPrep.
Job Requirements (skills, experience, and preferred attributes)
- Basic Accounting knowledge and an understanding of accounting best practices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve, attention to detail and adhere to internal quality standards
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Act with honesty and integrity, demonstrate ethics and respect for others throughout all aspects of work
- Candidates in pursuit of a CPA (Chartered Professional Accountant) designation are preferred
Graham Scott Enns is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in its workforce. If you require an accommodation to participate in our recruitment process, please make us aware so we can ensure your individual accessibility needs are met.
Interested applicants are asked to please submit their resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org