Job Location: Aylmer
Job Type: Permanent
About GrahamScottEnns (GSE):
We are a mid-sized public accounting firm with offices in St. Thomas and Aylmer. Based on our number of staff, we are the largest professional services firm in Elgin County. We develop long-term, meaningful relationships with our clients in London and throughout Southern Ontario. We’ve found that maintaining open, trusting, and ongoing relationships with our clients help us understand where they are, how they work, and where they want to go. This core philosophy guides GSE’s team and permeates every aspect of our firm. We believe that investing in our employees is the only way to create valuable, mutually beneficial relationships.
What we offer:
If culture is important to you, then here is what our people tell us we do well. They advise we provide a Positive and Collaborative work environment; Fulfilling client service; Work life balance; Training and Professional Development; Formal Buddy/Mentorship Programs; Detailed Orientation programs; competitive Compensation and Benefits; Flex-hours; compensated Overtime Policy.
The Firm also provides a balance of both remote and in-office working (post Covid). We also like to celebrate our successes, highly support one another in our growth and challenges, and recognize top talent for advancement.
Supporting our offices in St. Thomas & Aylmer
You’re a knowledgeable professional looking for an opportunity to grow with a professional team. You are detail-oriented and always strive to put forth your best in everything you do. You can work in a team environment with other professionals to provide strong client service.
Two (2) years or more of public accounting experience or equivalent
Bachelor’s Degree &/or CPA (CA, CGA, or CMA) designation or pursing designation
- Provide high quality and timely services to a portfolio of clients and internal staff
- Working with small to medium sized companies in a broad range of industries on a variety of engagements including notice to reader, review and audit engagements. Work may be performed at the client’s premises.
- Preparing corporate and personal tax returns
- Manage concurrent engagements effectively, based on schedules
- Ensuring client relationships, quality of work and deadline expectations are met
The Intermediate reports to the Manager(s) or Senior(s) and may also report directly to the Associate/Partners individually and as a group.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Building towards a comprehensive knowledge of the CPA Handbook
- Continues to develop knowledge of the Income Tax Act relevant to client work
- Experience working with accounting and tax software would be an asset (CaseWare & TaxPrep)
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve, attention to detail and adhere to internal quality standards
- Act with honesty and integrity, demonstrate ethics and respect for others throughout all aspects of work
- Integrity, leadership, teambuilding and supervisory abilities
- Reports to the Manager(s) and may also report directly to the Associate/Partners individually and as a group.
If you are interested in applying to our position, please apply with your cover letter and resume to email@example.com application process before August 30, 2021.
If you require accommodation throughout the recruitment and selection process, please let us know so we can support you as needed. GSE is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity.