Job Location: Aylmer & St. Thomas
Job Type: Full Time
- 5 or more years of public accounting experience
- Bachelors Degree & CPA (CA, CGA, or CMA) designation
- Leading engagements with small to medium sized entities in a broad range of industries on a variety of engagements including notice to reader, review and audit engagements.
- Reviewing corporate tax returns
- Reviewing and finalizing personal tax returns as requested
- Additional compliance reporting, as required
- Identifying value added services for clients relating to tax planning and other special services
- Responsible for ensuring that work is managed effectively and staff are appropriately assigned to tasks
- Supporting Partners to develop strong ongoing relationships with clients.
- Mentoring and supporting staff in their development is prioritized in our training culture
- Significant involvement in maintaining the firm’s commitment to quality through active participation on firm committees.
- The manager reports to the Partners/Associate, individually and as a group
- Responsible for the mentoring and supervision of staff members
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Excellent client service skills with a working knowledge of the client’s business
- Compelling presentation skills and confidence in sharing technical information with clients and staff.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Comprehensive knowledge of accounting, assurance and review standards and able to manage the efficient design of engagement procedures
- Recent experience managing assurance and non-assurance engagements
- Advanced working knowledge of ASPE and ASNPO Accounting Standards and related technical literature; PSAB knowledge considered an asset
- Advanced understanding of owner manager and personal tax concepts