Job Location: St. Thomas
Job Type: Permanent
About Graham Scott Enns (GSE):
We are a mid-sized public accounting firm with offices in St. Thomas and Aylmer. Based on our number of staff, we are the largest professional services firm in Elgin County. We develop long-term, meaningful relationships with our clients in London and throughout Southern Ontario. We’ve found that maintaining open, trusting, and ongoing relationships with our clients help us understand where they are, how they work, and where they want to go. This core philosophy guides GSE’s team and permeates every aspect of our firm. We believe that investing in our employees is the only way to create valuable, mutually beneficial relationships.
What we offer:
If culture is important to you, then here is what our people tell us we do well. They advise we provide a Positive and Collaborative work environment; Fulfilling client service; Work life balance; Training and Professional Development; Formal Buddy/Mentorship Programs; Detailed Orientation programs; competitive Compensation and Benefits; Flex-hours; compensated Overtime Policy.
The Firm also provides a hybrid working model/policy (thus a balance of both remote and in-office working post Covid as a go forward policy).
We like to celebrate our successes, highly support one another in our growth and challenges, and recognize top talen for advancement.
You’re a skilled accountant looking for an opportunity to grow within a team. As our ideal candidate you will have a well-rounded background practicing in Tax, Assurance, Audit and all such public accounting key areas. Strong Audit experience is a definite asset.
You are detail-oriented and strive to put forth your best in everything you do. You can work in a team environment and develop strong working relationships with other professionals to provide strong client service.
Experience: You have a min. of four (4) or more years of progressive public accounting experience.
Education: You will have a Bachelor’s Degree &/or CPA (CA, CGA, or CMA) designation or actively pursing this designation.
- Provide high quality and timely services to a portfolio of clients
- Work with small to medium sized companies in a broad range of industries on a variety of engagements including: Notice To Reader, Review, and Audit engagements. Work may be performed at the client’s premises.
- Prepare intermediate level Corporate and Personal Tax Returns (as well as basic as needed)
- Manage and prioritize concurrent engagements effectively
- Ensure client relationships, quality of work and deadline expectations are met
As a Senior Accountant you will also:
- Assist the Manager/Associate/Partner in evaluation of internal control and related processes for financial accounting
- Provide other financial information for clients (cash flow projections, salary vs. dividend, etc.)
- Share knowledge and experiences with all team members at staff meetings and provide feedback, guidance and assistance
- Actively participate in the Firm’s Buddy/Mentor System, and supervises staff as required.
Skills, Experience & Attributes
- Comprehensive knowledge of the CPA Handbook
- Working knowledge of the Income Tax Act relevant to client work
- Working knowledge of Audit regulations and best practices
- Experience working with accounting and tax software would be an asset (CaseWare & TaxPrep)
- Excellent computer literacy and knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word & Excel)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Highly client centric
- Driven with strong initiative
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve, attention to detail and adhere to internal quality standards
- Act with honesty and integrity, demonstrate ethics and respect for others throughout all aspects of work
- Displays strong leadership, teambuilding and supervisory skills
- Reports to the Manager(s) and may also report directly to the Associate/Partners individually and as a group.
- Senior Accountant is responsible for mentoring and supervising staff members assigned to them, including file review, as necessary.
If you are interested in applying to this position, please apply with your cover letter and resume before February 15, 2022.