Do you have a child under the age of 12? If so, you may qualify for the Canadian Dental Benefit!
This benefit will give eligible families up-front, direct payments of up to $650 a year per eligible child under 12 for two years to help cover the costs of dental care services.
Payments will range between $260 and $650, depending on the adjusted net income. This payment will be tax free, and available for each eligible child, for two periods. The first period is for children under 12 as at December 1, 2022 who had dental care between October 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023.
Full criteria include:
- Have a child or children under 12 as of December 1, 2022 and are currently receiving the Canada Child Benefit (CCB) for that child;
- Have an adjusted family net income of less than $90,000;
- The child does not have access to private dental insurance;
- Have filed their 2021 tax return; and
- Have had or will have out of pocket expenses for their child’s dental care services incurred between October 1, 2022 and June 30, 2023, for which the costs are not fully covered or reimbursed by another dental program provided by any level of government.
More information on the Canada Dental Benefit can be found here: Canada Dental Benefit – Canada.ca