As part of Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan the CRA has extended a number of income tax filing and payment dates to help Canadians during this difficult time.
Some key highlights include:
• Interest and penalties will not be charged if deferred payments are made by September 1, 2020
• Individual filing date extended until June 1, 2020
• All Corporations with a filing date after March 18, 2020 and June 1, 2020 has been extended to June 1, 2020
• Trusts with a year end date of December 31, 2019 have a filing date extension to May 1, 2020
• Trusts with typical due dates in April or May have been extended until June 1, 2020
For additional information on these and other filing and payment extensions please see the CRA website: