Our Policy on Accessibility
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005
Accessibility Standards For Customer Service Providing Goods And Services To People With Disabilities Policy
Graham Scott Enns is committed to excellence in serving all clients including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff and Partners are trained and familiar with various assistive devices that my be used by clients with disabilities while accessing our firm. Such devices may be a wheelchair, cane, walker and/or oxygen tank.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals in our firm.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them in our firm.
Accessible Customer Service Plan
Notice of Temporary Disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to our facilities for our customers with disabilities, the firm will notify clients as promptly as possible. The County of Elgin clearly posts notice of elevator shutdowns, with information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative service, if available.
This notice is posted throughout the building, by the County.
Training for Staff
Graham Scott Enns will provide training to all employees and Partners. This training will take place at time of hire.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard’s plan at Graham Scott Enns
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require assistance of a service animal or support person
- How to use equipment or devices that may help with providing our services to people with disabilities
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing our building
If changes are made to the Act, staff will be informed of the changes.
Clients who wish to provide feedback on how Graham Scott Enns provides service to people with disabilities can speak directly with Bill Graham, Partner or choose to email (GRAHAM@grahamscottenns.com) or mail a note to Mr. Graham (St. Thomas location).
All written feedback will be directed to Mr. Graham for response.
Clients can expect to hear back within 10 business days.